Joe’s Place is searching for house parents for the 2018-2019 school year and beyond. This is a life-changing opportunity to be part of an innovative, nationally-acclaimed organization.
Joe’s Place House Parents facilitate a safe and stable environment for the residents of Joe’s Place by overseeing the day-to-day workings of the house and ensuring the care of its residents’ physical and emotional needs. Being a House Parent for Joe’s Place is more of an “art” than a “science”. House Parents will need to be able to employ wisdom and discernment in mentoring and guiding the residents of Joe’s Place. The following are character traits that will be needed at one time or another: wisdom, compassion, courage, joy, patience, consistency.
While much of the job at Joe’s Place requires regular attentive support for the residents as much as carrying out certain responsibilities, the following is a list of tasks that need to be accomplished daily and throughout the week to ensure the residents are ready for school
By the house parents. There is a preference for the house parents to be a couple but two responsible persons are eligible.
• Work with therapist to ensure that residents are active in their therapy and making appropriate strides in interpersonal relationships
• Receive residents home from school as needed
• Coordinate meal preparation and eating time
• Oversee study periods for residents
• Ensure that proper curfew is enforced
• Enforce any disciplinary proceedings as necessary
• Work with each resident to ensure a weekend plan
• Coordinate with community groups regarding interaction with Joe’s Place residents
• Intentionally work to establish good relations with the neighbors of Joe’s Place
• Fill out weekly reports on the residents to be given to the board
• Work with Joe’s Place Coordinator to discuss needs of residents, house as well as your needs.
• Keep track of expenditures and coordinate special requests through Joe’s Place Coordinator
Terms of Employment
Joe’s Place House Parents will be on active duty Sunday evening through Friday afternoon. It is understood that when house parents have other responsibilities outside of Joe’s Place, a proposed schedule will be worked out with the Board upon hiring. Friday and Saturday evenings will be without responsibility for the house parents.
Joe’s Place House parents will each receive a competitive monthly stipend and live in free housing with free utilities and a house meal plan. No health benefits will be provided.
Any qualified person who would like to be considered as a candidate for this position should apply online at:
“Equal Opportunity Employer”
Maplewood Richmond Heights School District considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, veterans’ status, handicap or disability (with or without reasonable accommodation if requested) which does not interfere with the performance of essential job functions, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or handicap which may require accommodation for you to participate in our application process (including filling out forms, interviewing, or any other pre-employment procedure or requirement), please make us aware of any accommodation necessary before attempting to complete such procedure or requirement.
** MRH School District reserves the right to close any Job Posting when a suitable applicant has been found before the deadline date.